domingo, 29 de janeiro de 2012

Getting the Word Out.

I was looking more closely at what my correspondent said. His opinion, with which I think I concur, is that there will be no answer to these complex issues until the idea of "enhanced masculinity" becomes understood mainstream and somehow more normative; because the heterosexual, homosexual, and bisexual labels are or can be "situational" and therefore flawed as adjectives. One can be "hetero-," "homo-," or "bi-" during differing times of life, and it evolves and is fluid depending on so many other factors. But the "enhanced male" contains this inner knowingness of a need for male bonding at his core...often since childhood. In his everyday life he can be "hetero-," "homo-," or "bi-," but he is still an "enhanced male." My correspondent also refers to the way I have defined gay and straight sex as totally different experiences with totally different significations for the participants. For 2000 years the Christian religion has refused to consider anything other than one of these options. How can we make it, and the society it has always influenced, accept the other one? But I see that some of my readers have already given the answer to this question. Dave’s comment makes me think of that passage in 1 Corinthians 15:6 where Paul says Jesus appeared to 500 brethren at one time. There was more than just the word being passed from mouth to mouth. Posted by Westernstock at 1:39 PM 1 comments

Nenhum comentário: